Quick writeup as I’ve struggled to get this working and now that it is I want to document for future reference.
Goal: Get JIRA Server working behind an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Elastic Load Balancer (ELB) with Secure HTTP / SSL
- My desired final URL was https://demo.arijea.com/
- Setup a new ELB (mind was pointing to an EC2 instance with JIRA Server)
- ELB Health Check can be HTTPS://SERVER:443/status
- Set JIRA Base URL to https://demo.arijea.com/
- Edit /conf/server.xml and add the following under Connector
- Voila, it works – https://demo.arijea.com/